This is an important advance as it can dramatically reduce the use of CT scans after concussions. Not only do unnecessary CT scans waste health care dollars but they also expose young athletes to unnecessary radiation. Children and teens, compared to adults, are several times more susceptible to the effects of radiation. Emergency room personnel… Read more »
Month: May 2018
- A New Blood Test Can Detect Bleeding in the Brain after a Concussion
- A New Vaccine for Prevention of Shingles Is a Major Advance.
- The FDA Should Approve Marijuana to Treat Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Cluster headaches
- New Insights into Sudden Death in Epilepsy