Botox is the only approved prophylactic chronic migraine medication, although anticonvulsants, tricyclic antidepressants, and beta-blockers are often used off-label in chronic migraine, whereas several are on-label for episodic migraine. More effective treatment for chronic migraine is a great unmet need. Vagal nerve stimulation is approved for epilepsy and depression. Anecdotal reports of epilepsy patients treated… Read more »
Month: September 2016
- A New Blood Test Can Detect Bleeding in the Brain after a Concussion
- A New Vaccine for Prevention of Shingles Is a Major Advance.
- The FDA Should Approve Marijuana to Treat Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Cluster headaches
- New Insights into Sudden Death in Epilepsy