A practice guideline, prepared by the American Academy of Neurology, was published recently in Neurology. SUDEP stands for sudden unexpected death in epilepsy. This has been recognized for many years but the specific risk has not been consistently established. People with epilepsy can die during a seizure, presumably from post- ictal respiratory depression. SUDEP, according… Read more »
Month: July 2017
- A New Blood Test Can Detect Bleeding in the Brain after a Concussion
- A New Vaccine for Prevention of Shingles Is a Major Advance.
- The FDA Should Approve Marijuana to Treat Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Cluster headaches
- New Insights into Sudden Death in Epilepsy