Dermatomal herpes zoster (shingles) has a lifetime risk of over 30% and carries a high risk of post-herpetic neuralgia which can be excruciating and even permanent. Rarely, the virus can disseminate (spread) and may even result in stroke. Further, recent studies have shown that the virus may be the trigger for giant cell arteritis, a… Read more »
Month: April 2018
- A New Blood Test Can Detect Bleeding in the Brain after a Concussion
- A New Vaccine for Prevention of Shingles Is a Major Advance.
- The FDA Should Approve Marijuana to Treat Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Cluster headaches
- New Insights into Sudden Death in Epilepsy