This measures neurofilament-light chain levels. They are a maker to neuroaxonal damage, as the neurofilaments function as a lattice for axons. In the past, lumbar puncture was needed. Now, a blood test has been developed. This studied patients undergoing treatment with fingolimod. Another study involved patients treated with natalizumab. With treatment, levels of the neurofilament-light… Read more »
Month: November 2016
- A New Blood Test Can Detect Bleeding in the Brain after a Concussion
- A New Vaccine for Prevention of Shingles Is a Major Advance.
- The FDA Should Approve Marijuana to Treat Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Cluster headaches
- New Insights into Sudden Death in Epilepsy